2/28/2011

This Is VERY Simple

UPDATE Justin no longer works at Change.org and Shelby Knox has personally apologised to me for the ridiculous way in which he treated me. I consider the issue resolved.

Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »


Change.org Community Manager "Justin" has TWICE deleted my account from Change.org and deleted comments I posted. Why? Because as a Rape Survivor I stood up to crude offensive rape apologist men in comments threads on Change.org. I double checked, every misogynist sexist "Oh rape isn't so bad you bitches probably liked it get over yourselves" type comment I responded to remains online, unedited, uncensored, and clearly not deleted. My justifiably angry "You are a hateful idiot and your disgusting neanderthal opinion of rape survivors is disgusting as are you" replies all are deleted.

Justin's explanation for censoring me amounted to a condescending "There there little lady, we can't have wimmins posting angry profane comments to our lil ole activism site, even if that big ole man is being a bit douchey."

So click that button, sign that petition while it still exists because I'm DAMN sure Justin will delete it. He's proven he's a selective activist, and a man who will happily punish the victim if she stands up for herself.

Sign it before it's gone.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, I've signed the petition twice and it still shows 0 signatures. I think they have sabotaged the petition already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signed. Goddamnit, I am so fucking tired of misogyny within supposedly progressive spaces. "We're fighting for the betterment of all!" is quickly shown to be a lie. It's more like, "We're fighting for inclusion of the few white men the establishment doesn't currently support!" Dan Savage jumps to mind. Ugh ugh ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signed. I expect better from Change.Org.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now the petition is gone. I'm tired of manarchist, fauxgressive men, basically activism for men only. It's such crap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, try to NOT be crude or mean-spirited. You can disagree with me without calling me a fat bitch etc.